Paid storage can be costly, adding up to a large amount over the years. Buying a Better Built structure for your own yard maximizes space in your house, and cuts down the cost of paid storage significantly. Want to move your “stuff” the right way? Here are some tips:
- Try to use boxes that are the same size – it will make stacking much easier. If the boxes are not the same size, try to stack heavier boxes at the bottom.
- Don’t forget to make the storage space navigable! Create small walkways so you have access to everything!
- Boxes only half full? Add some old newspaper or rags to fill them and prevent collapsing!
- Storing metal objects like your old lawnmower or a valuable antique? Wipe the items down with an oily rag to prevent rusting.
- Create an extra dimension of security by stacking your most valuable objects near the back of the storage unit, away from the door.
- Give items a chance to breathe to prevent warping of wood and other weather sensitive items.
- Storing an extra refrigerator? Leave the doors open to prevent mold from growing inside.
- Thinking about putting that paint thinner or other caustic chemicals in your unit? Think again – avoid storing ANY flammable chemicals to keep your items safe!